Filming & Press
The Leonardslee estate offers a variety of bucolic, dramatic and fantasy settings for commercial filming and photography - in the landscaped gardens and woodlands. The 19th-century Italianate style Mansion House is also available by appointment.
Location filming on the estate has included several exterior scenes for the 1947 Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger film ‘Black Narcissus’, which is set in the extreme north of India; the abundant rhododendrons were believed to impart a suitably Himalayan ambience.
Whether you wish to film a TV programme or film production, please contact us well in advance to discuss your project.
If you wish to feature photography of the estate and gardens on your website or in your publication, please contact us to discuss your requirements. This includes the use of any image currently on this website which you may want to use elsewhere. The copyright for most images is held by the owners of the estate.
· A 200 acre private estate in the Sussex countryside, 90 minutes from central London.
· Historic Grade I Listed gardens – ‘finest woodlands gardens in England’.
· Rich variety of landscaped woodlands and series of lakes set in a deep valley.
· Stunning spring display of shrubs and trees.
· Featured in 1947 Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger film ‘Black Narcissus’
· Large Grade II Italianate mansion, with ample spaces for sets.