Terms & Conditions
Leonardslee Lakes & Gardens Photography Postcard Competition 7 October to 1 December 2019
1. This Leonardslee Lakes & Gardens Photography Postcard Competition (“Competition”) is organised and conducted by Clarbow Limited t/a Leonardslee Lakes & Gardens (“Promoter”).
2. This Competition starts on 7 October 2019. Entries close on 1 December 2019. Voting will commence until 15 December 2019. Finalists will be announced after the votes have been tallied. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
Who Can Enter?
3. Participants must be 18 years or older (or if a minor, must be duly assisted by their legal guardians) be a UK citizen or permanent resident in the United Kingdom (“UK”), and have a valid identity document or passport and reside in the UK during the period of the Competition (“Participants”/”you”/”your”). If a minor provides a winning image a Family Membership to Leonardslee Lakes and Gardens will be the prize.
4. Participants may not enter or receive a prize if they are directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of the Promoters, their subsidiaries, holding companies, divisions and/or associated companies or of the advertising or promotion agencies or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoters, or their spouses, life partners, immediate family members or business partners.
5. By entering this Competition, all Participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, and the Promoters’ decision regarding any issue with the Competition will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. No responsibility will be accepted for any entry that is not delivered, received or is delayed or damaged due to technical reasons, including telecommunication failure on the part of the Participant’s service provider, or otherwise. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
How to Enter
7. To participate in the campaign you must:
a. Follow @leonardsleegardens on Instagram or Facebook
b. Upload your photograph to Instagram or Facebook
c. Tag @leonardsleegardens in the post and
d. Use the following hashtags #LeonardsleeAutumnPostcard #ExperienceLeonardslee #Leonardsleegardens
e. Incomplete or incorrect entries will not be eligible to be entered into the draw
f. Entries are unlimited
8. Prizes consist of winning images being chosen for bespoke Leonardslee Postcards and the overall winner will receive a mixed case of Benguela Cove Wine.
9. The prizes do not cover any other costs of the winner whatsoever.
10. The prizes may not be exchanged for cash.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes for an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the prizes promoted not be available due to unforeseen circumstances.
12. The Promoters will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of incomplete or incorrect information provided.
13. The Promoters reserve the right to withhold prizes in the event that they reasonably believe, in their sole discretion, that the winner is not eligible to win, has contravened any of these terms and conditions, has acted in a manner that is not in the spirit of the Competition, their conduct can be reasonably interpreted as scamming or circumventing the rules of the Competition, acted fraudulently with regards to the Competition, if it would be unlawful to award the prize or if the winner fails to accept the prize after 2 (two) attempts for any reason whatsoever. In this instance the winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize. The Promoters decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Publicity and Data Privacy
14. By entering, a Participant acknowledges that personal information about the Participant will be shared with the Promoter and their agents to the extent necessary to conduct the Competition and for prizes to be delivered to prize winners.
15. All personal information relating to the Participants will be used solely in accordance with GDPR.
16. The Promoters reserve the right to shorten, extend, suspend the time period of the Competition or terminate the Competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control or generally for any reason whatsoever within their sole discretion. The Competition, its prizes, and terms and conditions may be amended by the Promoter, at any time during the Competition, and will be applied and interpreted within their sole discretion. In such an event, all Participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter whatsoever.
17. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoters.
18. The Promoters are not liable for any technical failures affecting participation in the campaign and they assume no liability in this regard.
19. The Promoters will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of incomplete or incorrect information provided.
Note: a Condition of entry is that the photographer of a submitted digital image grants permission to Leonardslee Lakes & Gardens to use the high res digital image and to print, copy, publish, distribute or exhibit the image.
The photographer of a submitted image waives any right to payment, royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the photo. For its part, Leonardslee Lakes & Gardens will seek to ensure that the image is attributed to the photographer, by displaying the photographer’s name where the image is used. It is accepted that this may not always be possible to achieve when the image is printed or used by a third party for example.